Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recycled coffee can 4th of July windsocks


As most of you saw yesterday, I found some wonderfully easy tin can 4th of July wind socks.  I fell in love and immediately started planing on how to make them for this weekend.  I am not very good at spray paint, which means I get it every where but the object I am trying to paint. I decided on wrapping the cans with paper. I already had 4 recycled coffee cans sitting in my basement just waiting to be used for something.  So on my way home from work I dropped by the Dollar Tree and picked up some shimmery red paper and some red, white and blue ribbon.  First I poked holes in the bottom of the cans with a hammer and nail, I made two in each can. 


 

Then I measured the cans and cut the paper to fit between the rims.  I used my favorite glue, Aleene's tacky glue to make a ring around the top and bottom of the can and pressed the paper to it.


Next I cut each roll of ribbon into 12" pieces, sorted the pieces so I had enough to make a pattern on each can and hot glued them inside. 



Than I just cut some twine to hang them, threaded it into the holes I punched at first and knotted it inside the can.   TA-DA!!!!  beautiful recycled coffee can windsock.   

I love the way they turned out.  I really can't wait to hang them outside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment