Monday, August 8, 2011

TWINS!!!!!!!

One of my good friends is having twins!!!!! YEA!!!! I am a twin and this is the first person I know that has twins so I am super excited! I immediately started looking at cute things to make for twins, a boy and a girl!  I found a few onesies that I loved and started planning.  My favorite were "Twins rock" and "Twins roll".  I went to Micheal's and picked up some iron on letters, Kohl's for some long sleeve onesies and Joann's for some fabric and Heat & Bond.  If you haven't ever used heat and bond you must try it out!  this is what it looks like:


I used the Ultra hold, but you can use the lite and cut it with your Cricut (I will be trying this soon!)  I wanted to have a little guitar on the front and a heart on the butt of the onesies.  All you have to do is trace your pattern with pencil on the paper side of the heat and bond, cut it out (not on the lines, leave some room) and iron it on to the back of your fabric.  Then when it cools down you cut along your pencil lines, peel of the paper backing and iron your shape onto your onesie.  Here are the guitar's and heart.  I used pink zebra fabric for the girl and flame fabric for the boy. 




   

Then I used the iron on letters I bought and spelt out "twins rock" and "twins roll" on the front. 




This was super easy to make and the mom to be loved them!  The onesies I found online were almost $30 a piece and I made these for under $10 each.  I can't wait to see the babies in them. 

Here's the back....


No comments:

Post a Comment