Monday, August 29, 2011

Fondue and friends.......

So Saturday we had a few Friends over for football and fights.  I planned on cheating and ordering pizza (just didn't feel like making a bunch of food for everyone) but then I started to feel bad and decided to make homemade Stecca (a no knead baguette) and pesto fondue.  My poor fondue pot sits in the cabinet and collects dust, I just don't use it much.  So far I have tried one kind of cheese fondue that no one really liked and chocolate fondue for a few showers and once for Valentine's day at the desert.  I searched the web Friday for a fondue recipe that used things I already had in my kitchen and stumbled upon fat girl trapped in a skinny body's blog.  I got a recipe from a friend for homemade pesto and always have some in my freezer.  I thought how perfect! use up all that cheese I bought for homemade pizza's and get to eat pesto!  Here's the recipe:

 http://fatgirltrappedinaskinnybody.blogspot.com/2010/06/2010-fifa-world-cup-italy-and.html

It was amazing!!!! Sooooooo good and everyone loved it. My fondue pot will be coming out more often!

I also made the no knead baguette the fatgirl talks about and it was amazing!  So easy and yummy.  I "baked" mine on the BBQ since it was crazy hot this weekend.  Baking on the BBQ was a new experience and for my first time I think it went pretty well.  I have made homemade pizza crust on the grill before and knew that the bread would have a wonderful smoky taste, and it did!  Next time I might cook it on the little rack at the top of the grill so the top gets golden.....The bottom of the loaves were perfect, the texture was good (lots of air holes in the bread) but the top just didn't get brown like I wanted it to.  When it cools down I will be making this bread in the oven all the time!  Would make good sandwiches I think......

You will not be sorry if you try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment