Friday, August 12, 2011

Christmas in July!

Well more like Christmas cards in August, but I couldn't help myself.  I LOVE Christmas!!!! I love everything about the whole season! So when my friend suggested that it was time to start making Christmas cards I just about cried with excitement.  She has this magical craft room full of all kinds of toys.  Papers and Ribbons and Stamps...oh my!!! haha!  She has been working on her cards for a while now (just 5 or so a week) and had them all laid out so I could check them out and decide what I wanted to start with.  I love green, (its my favorite color) so I started with this beautiful majestic reindeer on a green card. 





We stamped the medallion stamp from stampin' up then stamped the reindeer and mounted all the rectangles of paper.  Next I embossed the "Merry Christmas" in cherry cobbler with glitter and sprayed it with a wonderful shimmer.  I am in love with this card! Not sure if I will be able to part with it.......




Here is a close up of the glitter embossed "Merry Christmas"




and the beautiful shimmer. This makes my heart happy.  We need more shimmer in our lives.  


I loved the card in the green but decided to try it in Bravo Burgundy and Cherry Cobbler too!  I love the names of the colors that Stampin' Up uses.  Makes me kinda hungry...... Well here is the other one I made. 




and the card with the stamped enevelope



I made 6 of the majestic reindeer cards (my new name for them) and then started on the fun "reindeer march in the snow" cards.  Still working on the name.......  Here it is!



Pretty marching Reindeer with a cool post mark stamp.  Cherry cobbler paper for the card, crumb cake then Baja breeze with the snowflakes...I wanted to pick my colors by the best names! The reindeer are stamped in the cherry cobbler then everything was sprayed with a glitter spray. 




We used an embossing folder die (i think that's what it is) in the big shot to make the snowflakes in the Baja breeze paper. 





and here is the card with the envelope!




I really can't wait for Christmas card making day 2! 

Check Out Stampin' Up. They have some really cool stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment