Monday, September 12, 2011

Fisherman BIrthday Party- Decorations and Crafts

So I started to work on decorations and crafts for the fisherman's birthday party last week after I decided what I really wanted to make and what I didn't really need.  I loved the cupcake toppers and had all the stuff in my craft area so I went to town ;)  First I designed and printed some round stickers.  I use Adobe CS3 illustrator for EVERYTHING.  I love this program and am glad I have taken classes on how to use it cause there is allot to it.  I used my Scallop Circle Punch to cut out scrapbook paper in blue and green and then just stuck the stickers to the paper.  My paper is colored on both sides and is pretty thick like card stock so my cupcake toppers aren't floppy.  I taped the scallop paper to a coffee stir stick and Ta-Da! Cupcake toppers!





I even had some paper that had a water design on it :) to bad you can't really see it........




I love these ones with the fish on them!

I made 4 of each topper and I am also going to make some cupcakes with the blue frosting, goldfish crackers and mini pretzel fishing poles like I posted in my last post.  I love them but they look like allot of work so I am only going to make a few. 



I also made some paper bag boats.  I am going to fill these with gold fish crackers and maybe some gummy worms.  If you have never folded a paper boat it's super easy! and they are so cute. You can find direction's if you google "how to fold a paper boat".  I have made these for valentines day before, with heart doilies as sails.  Love boats :) just filled them with valentines day candy.  I used pretty red and pink paper.  This time I wanted them to look more "rustic" and love the way they turned out with the paper bag paper.  I decided against making sails since he is a bass fisherman and his boat does not have a sail.  Here's a picture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment