Tuesday, September 27, 2011

busy.. busy... busy..... and some really great bread

So I have been super busy the last week or so since my last post, sorry everyone.  We threw the fisherman party (I promise a post with decorations and cupcakes to come later)  and have been doing allot of work around the house.  Over the weekend my husband and I had a few people over to watch the UFC fight.  I had planned a night out with one of my best girls so I decided to whip up some crock pot white bean chicken chili for everyone so they didn't have to order pizza.  I used a recipe from Perfect recipes for having people over by Pam Anderson.  I changed a few things, here's a copy of the recipe. 


I used chicken breast, since that's what I had and just threw all the ingredient's into the crock pot (skipped cooking the onions and spices).  I used hominy and white beans and did not blend the hominy and broth (I think I would do this next time though).  Everyone loved it!  We had green onions, limes, cheddar and sour cream for topping.  YUM!!!  I had some leftovers for dinner last night and it really did turn out good. 



 I love this cook book! and have made quite a few recipes from it.  It has beautiful pictures and lots of tips on how to make stuff for big groups, things you can do ahead of time, etc.  If you get a chance check it out.  





I also decided last minute that I wanted to make something sweet.  I have been holding on to this recipe for cinnamon pull apart bread that is so beautiful I had to try it.  So Saturday morning after the chili was in the crock pot I made this recipe from Joy the baker.


I cheated and used Bridgeford frozen dough (the loaf kind).  Just threw it under a towel and let it rise and then followed all the other steps.  It turned out amazing!! and oh soooo pretty.  Here it is.....






This was a hit with the husband and the friends that got to try it (the husband ate most of it).  When I woke up Sunday all that was left was so sticky Cinnamon and sugar goo on the platter....the guys destroyed the rest after I crawled into bed.  hahaa!!! You MUST try this.  When I make it again I will make the dough from scratch, but it is so much easier to use the already made kind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment