Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day Subway art for Husband

I bought a blank canvas at Michael's last week and started my husbands Valentine's day gift.  We normally don't do gifts but this year I have been in a valentines day slump, I am a big (huge) fan of this holiday that is there so I can spoil my man with silly gifts of love.  I will make a special dinner and decorate and of course there is lots of homemade crafts around.  This year I m just not feeling it.  I have made a few things, but as for the DAY I haven't planned much.  I will be making dinner (Rib eye with whiskey cream sauce, loaded mashed potatoes, homemade ranch with iceberg wedge salad, rosemary rolls and chocolate lava cake with raspberry sauce and vanilla bean ice cream) but it just doesn't feel like it is valentines day this year.  OK lets get back to my point, the subway art project. 

I painted the canvas a color that would go well in my bedroom.  I really love the subway art that is black and white but didn't think it would go very well in my room so I painted mine french blue.  I used my cricut to cut out a bunch of words that explain our 10 year relationship.  I love all the different fonts but you could use anything you like.  Also you could cut these out by hand and use a smaller canvas.  I also saw one where the person used stickers to spell out there words and then spray paint the canvas and pulled the stickers back off.  After all the work of gluing on the letters/words I think I will go this route next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment