Tuesday, July 12, 2011

jello poke cake cupcakes

Since I started the day thinking about food, i had to share this recipe too.  My Husband's birthday is coming up and he isn't really a "cake" guy.  He always told me he didn't like cake until the day I made Jello Poke Cake.  My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid and it's one of my very favorite ways to eat cake. 

          I found this picture on http://www.howdoesshe.com/red-white-and-blue-cupcakes 

What you need:

1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix

1 cup boiling water

1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin (or any other flavor you love) 

1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
 
 
Make It


Prepare batter and bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 min. Pierce tops with meat fork.

STIR boiling water into gelatin mix until dissolved; spoon over cupcakes. Refrigerate 30 min. Remove from pans.

Spread cool whip on top of cupcakes.  Decorate as desired. Store in refrigerator


I love to make these with more than one flavor of Jello.  My favorite is orange and raspberry jello in one cupcake.  Just Pour Jello liquid into a squeeze bottle and squeeze different flavor into different holes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment