Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wedding stuff

This morning I woke up thinking about our wedding.  This time 2 years ago I was in full wedding planing mode.  The man proposed at the end of December and I wanted a May wedding without waiting over a year (we had been dating for 8+ years at the time).  It was so much fun to plan such a big event!  I am a super organized person so I started lists and got my trusty wedding idea notebook off the shelf and blew the dust off of it.  I knew from the start that I wanted everything to be home made, well everything I could make.  I made our invitations, decorations, cake topper, my hair piece, the necklaces for the girls.....well lots of stuff.  In the next few days I will be sharing a few of my projects. Here's one of my favorites...... 
My love is sweet banner.  We (my sister and I) cut all the circles and letters out by hand, used my trusty glue stick to glue the letters to the circles, hole punched and just tied them together with raffia.  We were going for a country picnic theme.  Oh and do you see my home made cake stands?  Here is a picture:
They are a upside down bowl with a plate glued with gorilla glue on the top (I got the plates and bowls at the dollar store).  Aren't they super cute?  I love them.  Each of my un-bridesmaids got one with their thank you for keeping me sane gifts :)    OK that's it for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment